Thursday 14 June 2012

A Daily Brainstorm

In my week of mindfulness, I've decided I'm going to start giving my mind some time... I've tried it out recently and it has been incredibly beneficial.

My mind is always throwing up thoughts and ideas, which I think definately have a purpose in my life, creative stuff, which I never listen to!

It is important to allow your mind some time when you can sit with a pen and paper and be with your thoughts, without interruption, to allow them to flow. I call it my daily brainstorm.

Our thoughts definately have a purpose and I'm sure the longer I ignore mine, the louder they get? Trying to listen to people during the day with ALL YOUR LOUD THOUGHTS IN YOUR HEAD TELLING YOU NOT TO FORGET THIS AND THAT is very difficult!

I have a to-do-list. If something pops up about "need to do this later" then it goes down on the list. That way, the thought is not going to spin round and round in my head all morning or afternoon along with everything else... It is on the list to be brought back out when I choose.

A super tip I learned from my hypnotherapist colleague, is that when you have these reoccuring thoughts, just say to "that voice" in your head... It's okay, I heard you. That way you can acknowledge that thoughts are there and they are being listened to.

I don't have a topic for my daily brainstorm I just sit down with a pen and a piece of paper. I did find that it was useful for me to have some different colours, so I bought some snazzy gelpens, too. Whatever comes up, goes down!

In between my daily brainstorm sessions, this internal voice is becoming quieter, becuase it knows, it will have it's time. It's much easier then to put the ideas into practice, because I have had time to think them out.

Could you have a daily brainstorm for the next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment